Thursday, March 15, 2012

I often visit these sites and what about you?

Hi guys, Leo again :) Hope you guys enjoyed my brief campus tour blogs. Now it is the time to talk to you about websites that I often visit :) 

My Favorite Websites:

1.   York University: As a York student, I visit the university website almost ten times a day to check if there were any new coming events, or check my student account and my email. I found that there are tons of useful resources on the  York website that caught my attention. For example:


YU Connect:  I use YU connect to keep me updated with upcoming academic and social events at York. Also, it is used as a platform for students to expand their social network and join different clubs at York.


RED Zone: As a student, you may encounter different issues; this could range from being lost on campus to other enrollment related issues. Therefore, RED Zone is a great website to gain general knowledge about the campus or just answer specific questions.


Writing Centre: Over the years, I have received a lot of great advice and knowledge from the excellent professional writing advisors at the Writing Centre and York. The website is a very good resource for students to get started in writing professional academic essays.


The three websites above are only a few of the York websites that I use on a regular basis. On a later blog I will discuss other York websites which may be useful to prospective students and are not mentioned above. 

2.  Facebook: My favorite social networking site. I can not only keep in touch with my friends, but also create or join a bunch of social events and organizations which can help to expand my network. As the old saying goes, “Killing two birds with one stone.” :) 

3.   Blogger: I recently started blogging and I find that I am getting quite addicted to it. Once you realize that a lot of people are reading and following your blog, you get very motivated to continue.  Also, this is a great way to inform and stay connected with others all around the world.

4.  Twitter: This is the best way to state exactly what is on your mind at any moment and publicize it. Again, the more followers you have the more addicted you get to it. And it is pretty cool to share what you think with people around the world on a timely base, which we could not achieve prior to Twitter. 

5.  Youtube: One of the best Social Medias known to the world. I usually use Youtube as a source of entertainment as there are so many hilarious clips on it. You can pretty much find anything you want to find on Youtube. As a student, I use Youtube as a study resource and even to help me learn to cook different foods :) 

6.  BBCNews: I like this news website because it updates first hand news around the World. The most amazing part is that the news is divided by continent which makes the website easy to navigate. With the different categories is makes it easy to figure out what is taking place in different parts of the World at one specific moment in time. So sick! :) 

There are many web-sites I may not have mentioned, feel free to bring them to my attention and share with me all the exciting web-sites you find yourself visiting on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment